Thursday 8 January 2009

Its Official...Darn.









Yup...its official. I've been piling on the kilos resulting in a expanded waistline due to stuffing myself silly with food and not because of hormonal imbalances in my once stunning body. Got my results back from the docs and they showed that my hormones are balanced and my hyperthyroidism is well under control.

So...there goes my chances of losing weight the hyperthyroid way. Believe me you, hyperthyroidism causes rapid weight loss eventhough one may be stufffing his or her face silly with food. You could eat and eat yet not put on weight owing to increased metabolism which burn away everything. (the down side was that my heart rate was between 110 to 120 as opposed to the normal rate of 76 beats per minute and my metabolism was so high that it was burning away not only at my fats but also my muscles)
At the height of my hormonal imbalance, I weighed 56kg compared to my usual 70kg (boo, hoo., hoo I am currently 76.4kg....more than six kilos off my ideal weight). I was able to fit into one of my older jeans, size 29...and was darn proud of it as that was what my waistline measured when I was 18. (boo hoo hoo...my size 32 has now expanded to 34 plus). As I am not blessed with height (only good looks), putting on weight and an expanding waistline are my biggest fear...fear that I will look even shorter. (my nickname in school was Jepun Pendek or short Japanese)
So I guess its a matter of self control and discipline if I ever want to regain my once perfect body...lol. Its back to plain good old fashion abstinence from excessive face stuffing and exercise. I guess that will be my New Year resolution.....lose some weight so that I can pretend to grow taller....lol.
Posted some pix that shows the progression of my 'fat' and me growing shorter due to the optical illusion caused by an expanding waistline. Photos cover a period between 2000 to present.
p/s Founder of Apple Mac, Steve Jobs has confirmed that he is seeking treatment for hormonal as there was lots of speculation over his rapid weight loss.
To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace and Love.

2 comments:

Jason Lioh said...

Why worry? You will always look thin when you stand next to me! LOL.

Unknown said...

yes martz, i will always look thin when i stand next to you! kakaka