Saturday 16 August 2008

What A Special Day Indeed.



At about 7.22am 40 years ago, I was granted the gift of life, a life that has been blessed with its ups and downs. To my parents, the years of nurturing, sacrifices, love and care were are gifts I am unable to repay. To my wife and child we will always be bonded by love. To Him that lives forever, my existence is to worship and praised you.

Ironic that I am witnesssing a Lunar Eclipse which happens about precisely the time I came into this world 40 years ago on 17th August 1968. It would have never occured to perhaps 99.9% of the entire Erath's population (excecpt those apt in astronomy and could have foretold or calculated its occurance in advance) could have guessed that I'll be witnessing somethingso special on my 40th birthday.
Have kept track of the moon since about 10.30pm. Cloudy skies persisted till just past midnight when the the clouds broke to reveal the moon setting from East to West in a starless night. The eclispe began on 16th August 2008 at about 18.24 UTC (Universal Time Code). The eeclipse was greatest at about 20.10 UTC the same date. Watch cool animation of events.


http://shadowandsubstance.com/

Grateful for the me G9 as I used it to capture the eclispe as best as I could. (Quite bad as still not fully familiar with norms of photography). Anyway, thought it cool to capture the process, although I must say that I am tired, my eyes are tired and my neck hurts.(Almost five hours process captured between 1.30m to 6.30am) Drain entire cam battery....but heck...wouldn't have missed God's birthday gift specially for me today.



To none I wish ill but to all I wish peace and love.

No comments: