Thursday 21 August 2008

Bee ChasingA Bee & Busy As A Bee

It was quite a busy few days since Sunday and jaded from work. Tried juggling time for my sisters (both teachers) and their families who were down for the holidays but work got the better of me.
Prime minister Pak lah made a last minute decision at the 11th hour to tag along with his wife Jeanne for the launching of the Green Earth project. Being a former officer with the state government, it was quite hilarious but rather sympathetic to see some of my former collegues trying to added the finer touches just before Pak Lah's arrival.
Nonetheless, the Green Earth project (growing ones own edible greens at backyard garden patches) made up for any shortcomings, if any. Pak Lah and Jeanne seemed to have enjoyed touring the vegetable plots. It must have been delightful to know that there are those out there who took pride in growing their onw greens and appreciated the fruits of their labor.
Also quite an experience was taking my five-year-old kid to her first cinema show. One of my friends (Pintukopak) recommended Disney's Wall-E and even advised bring some tissues as the show had some rather touching moments. Well, it was not really an appropriate show for my kid as there was little dialogue. Pintukoipak should have suggested bringing our blankies instead as we were also freezing our butts off although coming armed with sweaters. Was hoping to shed a tear or two but that didn't happen either. (Maybe I am losing my sentimentalness after turning 40?)
The only thing touching about the show was that it only supports my notion that we, humans, will destroy Earth with both our physical and spiritual flith. It an irony that it took a bucket of bolts (Wall-E) to help preserve the sanctity of life in the form of a simple plant.
As for me, I shall go on looking for God's simple miracles in my life....yup...like the Apple Donuts after the show.

...Amor Animi Arbitrio Sumitur, Non Ponitur...

To none I wish ill but to all I wish peace and love.

2 comments:

Jason Lioh said...

I am watching Wall E for the second time tonight!

Me said...

It's the cinematography :-)