Sunday 10 August 2008

Thankful For The Little Blessings


Its so hillarious, the folly of men. Everyone has an agenda, an angle..some sort of self interest, be monetray, power, ego, political or religious. From global politics, the control of oil to who's to blame for the rapid decline of the Earth's environment. Its all the same to me....the large portion of the human race. We gripe, we compare, we complain, we lust for more but never really able to satisfy our greed and absorbtion with one's ownself. Hilarious to me because we are mere mortals who lives are a mere drop in the vastness of eternity yet we choose to live as gods.


It took a 'missing' 13-year-old boy and a fire at a village that brought home once again my sense of thankfulness and gratefulness at the little blessings and miracles in my life. The missing boy was mostly likely not missing but chose his own precept of freedom. Freedom from a broken and fatherless home dominated by a mother who is rarely around in his life and having admitted to have given up his three younger siblings to an orphanage. Or a 41-year-old mother with nine children to feed and to find her home completely razed to the ground. What a life...true yet tragic. I offer only my prayer that the boy and the mother find comfort, peace and compassion in their hour of despair and need.


So I choose not to complain or to gripe but rather count the little blessings I have in my life. No matter how small or no matter how insignificant they may be, I am thankful for what I have and the life I have been given. For those who have enriched my life and to those who have shown me the joy of being human, I am forever grateful.


.......Mater Memento Mori.......


To none I wish ill but to all I wish peace and love.




No comments: