Thursday 7 August 2008

Things That Go Bump In The Night


Its said that we all see what we want to see and that the power of the mind is an awesome thing we still haven't fully grasp. In my opinion, that's very true for the recent run in with people and news reportings of things that go bump in the night.

About a week ago, a 7-11 worker asked me if I had read and seen the accompanying photograph of a purported ghost in a local Malay tabloid while I was getting my customary two packs of Dunhills. Curiosity got the better of my judgement and I took a look. It was about some bloke who claimed to have photgraphed an apiration.

Coincidentally, several days later, the same tabloid ran a story of some poor 15-year-old kid (the 11th child out of 12 in his family) who went 'missing' from home on two occasions. Though found on both occasions, the kid kept mum as to where he had dissapeared to or what took place.

In his latest Houdini act, the kid was said, as related by his parents, that he was kept 'hidden' by a fairy of Bunian.
As one who believes in logic and reason, I found the accounts rather humorous. Here we are, talking about becoming a nation built on science and conquering space, yet a large portion of us continue to succumb to sheer nonsense.
On one hand, I do not deny that the existence of God or spirituality but I can't accept the two accounts published in the main stream news. If there were such beings, then my question to locals living here is where are the thousands that had been killed throughout Malacca's long and somewhat violent history?

Ironic, but we don't have to go that far to be able to see 'ghosts' or evil. In my opinion, the real devil lies within man himself and we only have to look hard at ourselves in the mirror to see its reflection.

My believe lies in my faith, faith that my God is truly Almighty and that there is none above Him. He is my rock and defender and in Him alone shall I put my trust in.


.......Dominus Illuminatio Mea......


To none I wish ill but to all I wish peace and love.



1 comment:

Jason Lioh said...

2 days didn't update blog! :D

Check out my new photoblog!

http://photo.jasonmumbles.com/