Monday 28 July 2008

Ligther Than Air

That's what music makes me feel like, evenmore so when I am banging on my guitar or piano. Had the strangest conversation with a 54-year-old neighbor whom I rarely spoke with. Had just completed my usual hour solo session with the guitar (something I have been doing regulary since 14 all alone at night by the seawall near to where I live...just me, my guitar and the stars) when he popped by to listen and have a chat.

Our conversation centered around faith and the use of God's gift of music for His glory. It was a rather frank conversation with me admitting to being a 'backslider'.(What I did not mentioned was that there was no more room left for to to slide back any further). Did two hymns for him(Amy Grant's This is the Day That The Lord Has Made and I Will Delight) and he mentioned the possibility of recording at his private studio. Hmm...interesting thought, I must say. If its to be done, than it must be done not because of ego but rather the sincere desire to praise Him through the gift He has blessed me with.

Afterall, He is my shepard and there is nothing else I shall want.....

No comments: