Sunday 1 February 2009

Furry Little Balls Of Fun






After much ado...we finally got a 'life' pet for Kyra. Will get to that but first a little background where pets are concerned. Aside from a mini-zoo at home, we grew up in a family of dog lovers. My dad also had an aviary with over 50 birds in our garden.
Besides, birds, there were also the odd pets that I had as a kid such as a squirrel, a snake including crabs.Being a dog lover, I was only introduced to cats much later in life when I met my wife Karen.
Having a pet is something that nurture the concept on love, companionship and responsibility in a child.Well, didn't want Kyra to miss out on the experience but living in condo made things a little hard. So, we tried as best as we could and Karen got her a Digi pet for Xmas...one of those key-chain sized where you get to 'rear' one fo 35 animals...lol including a dinosaur.
Alas, it didn't turn out to well...the pets Kyra tried to rear died. Don't blame Kyra though...darn things had to be fed, taken to the loo, read too, taken for medical check ups even play bowling with it...at frigging odd hours...thank goodness they died! (It was a prequisite that Kyra kept at least one of them alive to prove she was worthy of a real life pet)
Nevertheless, she has been wanting the next closest thing...hamsters. So collected her ang-pows and eventually got her a pair of Robisky hamsters.(A fitting hamster breed that is the least aggressive, smallest and fastest hamsters..just like my energetic Kyra...lol). Its hilarious...they are kinda of cute (Karen has a masive 'geli' attack just looking at them).
Anyway, I guess I'll be helping Kyra (photos of her with her fake Digi pet and hamsters) have fun taking care of her pets who are aptly named 'Grim' and 'Mandy' after the cartoon characters.
To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace And Love.

1 comment:

Jason Lioh said...

Put them inside a ball, like the hamster in Bolt.