Monday 16 February 2009

Age Is A State Of Mind




Yup....Age Is A State Of Mind....that's what I would like, or should I say...used to think. As with the saying...'the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak'...and so it is with me.
Used to pride myself that I had a full shock of black hair eventhough hitting 40. Attributed it to the years of use of the former hair oil 'Vitalis' which was taken out of the market several years ago.
Well, everything seems to be going down hill after 40. First to go was my 20/20 vision...it was those darn fine prints which got me squinting, resulting in my first pair of 'reading glasses'. (Ahem...only fine print..so I need to be careful of lawyers).
Then came the increasing strands of white hair....darn. Know that it was inevitable and thought I would age gracefully by looking a little more distinguished with some white hair on my head. Never thought I would resort to 'dying' my hair...but alas...my ego got the better of me.
Well, there's a first for everything and got it dyed today...much to Karen's worry. A married man at 40 pushing on 41 and dying his hair would surely set off the warning bells of a midlife crisis. (Darn...I think I broke Karen's warning bells years ago much to her dismay).

Its not like I am going out there looking for a bonk...its more of me being unable at this point in time to resign to the fact that I am an old fart. Told Karen that at least I wasn't dying it shocking blond or burgundy...including getting one of those man wavy perm hairdo. (Karen wouldn't be the only one worried if I did that...I would too myself).
So there you go....a 21-year-old kid trapped in a 40-year-old body...and that is the state of mind I am in currently. Darn...why is it that I still don't feel young....Lol.
To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace and Love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Old friend...

HAHAHAHHAHA...almost fell out of my chair. I think its a 12 year old trapped in that body not 21 -lah. p/s: your doter is lovely

-anis-