Sunday 15 February 2009

Night Out At The Jetty II







Well, its truly been a long and draining week for me, bothmentally and physically. Have been working for one straight week including working late to get my stories in. Then, there was also the domestic issue (or should I say my issue) that Karen and I had to deal with. Yup...it was quiet a week and literally jaded greenon both fronts.
So came Valentine's Day, a day that I think is too over rated and over commercialized. (Love should be expressed and lived everyday and not merely one day out of 365). Anyway, after having been introduced to the 'jetty', thought I take Karen and Kyra on a foray there for Valentine's night.
Kyra was all dressed and hyped up to go when it was about 7pm while I was struggling to finish a story on some dumb crocodile sighted off Tanjung Tuan. (measuring 2.5m...small enough for me to whack it over its head if I could). I, too, was impatient to get to get going as I had planned to take some shots of our night out and the city lights from the jetty. Even clean my G9 and packed my tripod.
Finnaly got there and took a stroll down the jetty and scouted for a good spot for din. The last time I was there, I only saw the karaoke side of it and this time ventured to the open air patio. It was quite a pleasant surprise as Karen, Kyra and I were impressed at the ambience and setting.
Then after getting comfy at out table...bamb....I realized I forgot to put in the G9 battery that I had been charging. So there you go......memory does go with age...and no shot of my Valentine's night out. (no big deal as there always another day).
So, I had to settle takign a photo of Kyra holding up a tacky Valentine's chocolate cake (that's was what it was suppose to be) that was originally given to my mum by a family friend but ended up with us instead.
Happy Valentine's Day.
p/s darn...think I am going to dye my hair soon...everything seems to be going white after 40.
To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace and Love.

No comments: