Tuesday 25 November 2008

Oops..I Think I May Have Spoken To Soon.


What can I say except I think I may have spoken to soon...about Kyra having my genes. (previous post). In less than a week, she proved my right. It was after a long while that Karen, Kyra and I took a trip up to Kuala Lumpur to see my mum-in-law and the two boys, Jeral, 9, and Jeremy, 8.
You can imagine Kyra excitement and the fun she had.


So much fun that she decided to slide down the slide near the Bukti Jalil home on Sunday not on her backside as any normal kid would do but on her tummy. Yup...that's my girl...most likely imagining herself to be flying with out stretched arms like Power Puff Girl's Buttercup. Result...dislocation of a joint on her left little pinky. It must have hurt like heck from the swelling.


Wanted to get it x-rayed on Monday as the swelling was turning a nice bluish black but the clinic near my home was closed. I had explained to her that there would be no needles involved during the visit to the doc, only a special photo taken to see if she had fractured her pinky. She really wanted her to be x-rayed.

Managed to take her to the doc on Tuesday morning and he didn't have an x-ray machine. (much to Kyra and my dismay). Well, the doc took a look and assured me that Kyra had merely dislocated one of her pinky joint. He promptly used half a tounge depressor and some bandage to fashion a splint to immobilize her finger. Wah...you could tell by the look on her face that it was a big deal getting her finger all bandaged up.

Well, sent her to school and reminded her that her splint was suppose to last for about two days to allow her finger to heal. Thank goodness, I had the foresight of taking a shot of her bandaged finger as her splint stayed on for less than half a day. Irene picked her up from school and the first thing I want to ask her when she got home was about her day in school. Then, I noticed her missing bandaged and before I could question her why it was off....she said,
"Old lah...I try to put back but come out...my hand no more pain also".



Yup...that's my girl........just hope she doesn't take too many more knocks in life. Either way, I will be there to catch her whe she falls...I hope.


p/s Anyway, may God welcome 11-year-old Brenden Foster into His loving arms and give him everlasting life in paradise. To understang my prayer, go to http://cbs11tv.com/health/Brenden.Foster.dying.2.867696.html

To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace And Love.

No comments: