Monday 3 November 2008

Ode To Joy




We, humans, are really a paradox wrapped in an egnima. Capable of the most sublime of expressions of our inner soul through love and art yet at the same time capable of the most grotesque of misdeeds and destruction.

With over six billion souls, I sometimes ponder the very reason of our existence. Do I see a glass half full or a glass half empty with regard to the fate of the humanrace? There are times when the awe and beauty of the soul makes me wish the life would perpetuate. Yet, there are times when human suffering and misery makes me long for the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven here on Earth.

Isaiah 65:17...
'For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered, nor come into mind'.

I take this opportunity to pay my last respects to an aquaintance and former collegues Zulkifly, a jovial guy who passed away recently. Excellent as a PR person, he was eventaully posted to Nanjing, China as Malacca's representative there, although some of us used to tease him as being Malacca's ambassador to China. May he find rest and peace in death.

On a more lighter side, I was glad at being able to go bee-chasing at the Malacca Botanical Garden. (Darn, I sound like Spongebob on one of his jelly fish hunt). Managed to get some shots but know that I can do better the next time round. Also caught the adaptation of Syalaman's Night 'The Happening' starring Mark Walberg. Interesting storyline movie and pretty intense scenes. (It only goes to show how fraile and insignificant humans are in the larger scheme of things)

Till He who is Truth and lives forever comes again....

To none I Wish Ill but To All I Wish Peace and Love.

No comments: