Thursday 4 December 2008

Rain Rain Go Away





Before I begin, its uncanny that first first two lines of this post and its heading was written two days ago before I decide to hit the sack. (Its that time of the year (by that I mean not Xmas) where the monsoon bring about the threats of floods in low lying areas in the country)

Since then, things did coem to pass and some 1,500 people had to be evacuated to temporary relief centres following continous rain begining Sunday night to Monday evening resulting in floods in several areas here.

By far it was a good day indeed, considering the fact that got myself and my G9 wet. Had the good fortune of not only covering a flood story but to actually help in the rescue of a mother and a four-day-old daughter who became trapped in their home in Kampung Tanjung Minyak owing to the flood. (Saturday was also a good day when had the opportunity to get up close with Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan who was down to receive his award from Governor here).

Coming back to the weather...besides the rain, there is also the possibility of more earth movement this mid December. We will be experiencing an extreme super moon this Dec 15. Just wondering whether that will have any effect on Earth and trigger greater than usual daily earthquakes around the globe?

To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace and Love.

No comments: