Friday 1 January 2010

A Rare Blue Moon For 2010





Another year. another chapter in the wheel of life. Didn't really give much thought to any New Year 2010 resolutions. I guess being a better human being would be best to sum up the positive changes needed to be made. (just got some of my mum Irene Carvalho's new year chicken pie placed before me and thought of a resolution....watch my waist line..lol)

Well, still maintain my basic notion that life is short, so live it to the best with as little regrets. The profound meaning of this simple yet true cliche was driven home just before the New Year when a horrific road accident claimed the lives of a father and three young sons, leaving behind a grieving wife and year-old son who survived. It was heart wrenching.

So there you go....my motivation for doing some of the things I have done and will continue to do. As I mentioned to Karen my wife as I was about to go for my usual hour long guitar session at the playground...'I play because I can'. By that, I mean....I relish the life that I have and that I am able to enjoy it by simply doing something that brings joy..to the heart...music. I am grateful to God and thank Him not for the riches that I have but merely that I am alive and can give Him praise.

On a lighter note....what does Liverpool FC and astronomy have in common? Answer....you only get to enjoy them in the wee hours of the morning. Screwed up my sleep pattern over the past couple of days. The first was the year end game between Liverpool and Aston Villa (a one nil win) that ended at 5am.

Then there was the rare Blue Moon plus partial lunar eclipse that took place between 3am and 4am on Ja 1 2010. A Blue Moon is a term used to described a full moon that occurs twice in a month. What was even more rare this time was that it happened on the very 1st day of the new year coupled with a partial Lunar eclipse. Darn cool...had in fact set up my G9 and packed up the equipment at about 3.30am when cloud cover obscured the moon and had rushed to set the camera up again at about 4am when the skies partially cleared. (I took the photos because I can....but not as good as I hoped they would turned out...lol)

Lol.. another happy high light was that me and Karen went for Kyra's (I love her because I can) Standard One orientation at IJC on New Year's eve and later celebrated the countdown with Jaspal and Fiona's place in Klebang. Sigh...how fast time has passed.
So there you go....a Happy New Year experience. May God bless, guide and protect my family and me. May Jesus Christ shine His Light on us and may His Spirit fill our hearts.
To None I Wish Ill But To All I Seek Peace and Love.

No comments: