Sunday 31 January 2010

Two Weeks To The Year of The Tiger






Two weeks to go before Chinese Lunar New Year and the start of the Year of the Tiger. Its been quite hectic at work and with two new interns from UTAR. Well, hope that the two gals, Michelle and Alicia, will be able to learn something the next couple of months. (Good things I hope and some lessons in life).
Was in Johor Baru last weekend to cover the funeral of the Sultan of Johor. It was quite a scene with most of the nation's royal family and top leaders present. Alas, it was work and I decided to leave me G9 in the safety of a colleagues car..so missed out on some historic shots. It was tiring, considering being dressed in a black suit and songkok while covering the event, mostly under the the blazing sun. (Drive up at 7am and drove back home later that night)

This weekend was also quite full with the launch of the Chinese New Year Carnival at Jonker Street on Saturday nite before heading for A Famosa Resort for an early day of paint-ball. It was my first time at paint-ball and it was great. Our team got eliminated after two rounds of combat but I managed to avoid being shot and took out four guys in the process. Got my knees scrapped though owing to playing the game in my shorts and barefooted. (The paint-ball guns are kinda accurate at about 25m).

Well, so there you go..despite work, I am getting on with life and enjoying every bit of it.
To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace and Love

No comments: