Tuesday 2 March 2010

Here Comes The Sun



How amusing is the folly of men. In these days of confusion, climate change and natural disasters...there are still lots out there who bicker and fight over the most trivial of things. Life is already short...and I sense that it will get even shorter soon than most think.
There are signs that we, as a race, are headed towards the abyss of our own doing. Greed of a few had caused the collapse of economies on a global scale last year. Peace have eluded wars that trace their roots to the 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s. Then, there is the rising tension among several nations over unresolved issues.
The weather has also been freaky both on Earth and the Sun. In late December and early January, temperatures drop by almost three-degrees to a cool 26 Celsius before the blazing heat caused the mercury to hit record highs of almost 38 Celsius in February. There were also extreme blizzards and storms over most parts of Europe and China including recent flooding in France during this period. As for earthquakes...there were three big ones. Haiti was struck by a 7.0 earthquake on Jan 12 followed by a 7.0 near Ryukyu Island off Japan on Feb 26 with Chile hit by an 8.8 the following day.
Well, the same goes for the Sun which is is in its 24 Solar Cycle. The 24 cycle was initially predicted to put on a show of record sunspots and solar flares. However, the Sun remained blank and quiet for an extend period...a record not seen since 1935. Only in February did the Sun wake up and gradually showing signs that Cycle 24 is going to be a blast. (Cycle 24 and its sunspots and solar flares incidentally peaks on 2012).

So...there you go. As for me and my family....we got the air-condition serviced to make it a little more cooler at night. And I got my 'flint' for my 'end of days' rucksack...lol. Just pray that God will keep me and my family safe when the shit hits the ceiling fan.
To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace and Love.

No comments: