Sunday 26 April 2009

A Leap Of Faith









Well, the heading for the post says it all....'A Leap Of Faith' or should I say 'A Leap of A Fool and Pain'.

Took Kyra down to the poolside at about 3pm and was waiting to attend a meeting to form a new residents committee. Had some time to kill so accompanied Kyra and helped her blow some bubbles and just have some fun.

There is this small 4meter x 1.5meter water purification pool next to the main pool. Here I was, a 76kg and 41-year-old bloke trying to impress his kid that her dada could still leap across the pool like a graceful Gazelle.(Buffalo)

To be honest, the pool didn't look that wide and I was confident of making the leap. So, after some consideration and judging the distance I needed to 'fly'....I took my leap of faith (or should I say now, the leap of a fool filled with pain).
Bam...landed just millimeters short with two toes of my right foot slamming at the edge of the pool. The toes took the full force of my flying body and I almost peed in my pants at the excruciating pain that followed.
As a result of my folly, I think I fractured my big toe. My toe and foot has swelled up and I am now unable to walk properly. Lol...I pride myself in having a high threshold for pain but I guess I was wrong....I am in insane pain at the moment.

Popped two panadols and tried to keep the swelling and pain down in a small bucket of ice. I will have to get my toe x-rayed tomorrow.
When my toe heals.....I am going to give that darn pool another try. I know I am capable of making the leap. Once again I shall throw caution into the wind and take my leap of faith and hopefully not ending up taking a leap of pain instead.
p/s - couldn't take the throbbing pain and ended up at Mahkota Hospital at 10.30pm where it was confirmed via x-ray that I fractured the tip of my toe. Took a jab and pills to bring the swelling down but...darn...it bloody hurts to high heavens.
To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace and Love.

1 comment:

Jason Lioh said...

LOL. You ain't young anymore, old man.