Saturday 4 April 2009

Being Part Of History





Every job, be it the guy that is responsible for keeping our streets clean or the neck-tied bloke getting to work in his Merc, has its ups and downs. For me, it was a bit of both when having the good fortune of covering the recent Umno General Assembly held at PWTC Kuala Lumpur.

Being an election year and one where transition of power was to take place, the four-day event was quite an experience both for work an as an observer. It had everything from the excitement and anticipation, the mesh of people and continuous crowd, the roar of cheers, jeers and claps, tears of joys and agony of defeat, the rush for interviews and deadlines, the ordinary common folks and the dignitaries and of course the one or two special personal moments. (which included losing my phone on the last day and picking up the flu from a colleague)

I consider myself lucky to have be able to both record part of history in the making as a journalist and as an ordinary bloke.

To none I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace and Love.

No comments: