Monday 9 March 2009

An All Indian Affair







Phew...its beeen quite a while since my last post. Been rather busy and also educating myself on the world of Facebook. Its been the usual humdrum routine until early Monday morning...and I mean really early in the morning.
Was suppose to be off on account of the public holiday but nevertheless decided to put in some work. It was to do with the Hindu annual Marsimaham festival. It involved a 12km procession from the country's oldest Hindu temple, the 18th Century Sri Poothya Temple in the heart of the old city to an equally old temple located in the outskirts of the city in Krubong.
It was slated to start at about 5am. With it being so early, I did not want to assign any of my stringers to cover it (with such nice chilly weather to snooze) so there was only me left to 'volunteer'. Being afraid that I would sleep through the event, I decided to stay awake the entire night instead.
I must admit that I am still blurr from lack of sleep but it was worth the while covering the event. It gave me the rare opportunity to experience the practice and belief of another faith up close...I mean really up close. (So close, that I almost stepped on a devotee's offering at the temple)
To each his own, they say and so be it. Being human...all of us have our own beliefs and faith. At the end of the day, I guess its how we live our lifes that really matters most.

To None I Wish Ill But To All I Wish Peace and Love.

No comments: